Saturday, March 29, 2014

The Red Duke (Vampire Lord)

A few years ago when I decided to start my Warhammer Vampire Counts Army I bough the miniature of the Red Duke trough the online store without really knowing it was the Red Duke, just thinking it was a cool mounted  vampire miniature.

The Red Duke was once the most loyal and dedicated of the knights of Bretonnia, nonetheless he succumbed to the curse of vampirism during the Crusades of Araby. Without really knowing what was happening to him his most faithful servants carry him back to his castle while he was still only ill. Then he died and rise from the dead and started to terrorise his faithful servants that has take the time to carry him to his house and the rest of Bretonnia.

Some of you could have seen that I usually prefer to do my own conversions to use as my Warhammer characters, but this miniature really got my attention and I decided to buy it.

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Bretonnian Errant Knights (Bretonnian Army Crazy Project) III: finished

This post continues with the previous one and it is the last one about this unit.

The Errant knights are finished, I applied to them the mix of varnish and Judea bitumen and finished the bases, then I added the pennants and the banner.

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Bretonnian Errant Knights (Bretonnian Army Crazy Project) II

This post continues with the previous one.

In this post you can see the horses and their barding painted as well as the beginning of the knights. I decided to paint the horses first and then paint the legs of the knights and glue them to the horses to avoid interference between them. I'm painting the army using the quick painting technique that I know as "betuneado".

The painting process is quite simple, white primer, basecoat of the different colours and a mix of matt varnish and Judea bitumen to give a shadow effect and protect the miniature. The mix of varnish and Judea bitumen that I made for the horses was to dark and after it was dry I retouch them with the base colours, giving them a little highlight effect. The process is the same for the knights.

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Bretonnian Errant Knights (Bretonnian Army Crazy Project) I

As I said in the previous post about my Bretonnian Project my first goal is to paint 9 Errant Knights, and this is the first post about this unit.

Truth be told I have almost finished the unit but I'm a little late with the updates of this blog. At first I though of making the unit mostly from 5th edition plastic bretonnian Knights of the Realm and with some bits from the 6th edition plastic knights. I've already bought the original 5th errant champion but latter I was able to procure myself with the standard bearer and with a music from the 5th edition questing knights that was a little damage and begging to become the errant knights musician. The standard bearer was also a little damage and I had to replace the metal pole with a plastic one. In the picture below you can see some of the additions that I made to my 5th edition bits collection, all of the were a package that also have quite a few damaged questing knights bodies.

Monday, March 10, 2014

Molds of the Chaos warrios and first miniatures casted

Hello again and sorry for not posting more regularly. I've been quite busy this last couple of weeks and translating post or posting in English is not as quick as doing it in my mother tongue.

After some problems with the first molds that I made of the chaos warriors and some wasted silicone and resin I decided to do them again spending more hours and waiting a couple of days more until they were ready to start casting. These new molds seems to work find and I've already made a few copies with them.

Below an Image of the molds
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...