Sunday, October 6, 2013

Two Necron Ghost Arks and one Doomsday Ark (Cardboard Scratch Building)

(updated October 21st 2013)
The tutorial in English explaining How to build a Necron Ark can be found in this POST



To make the Necron Arks my brother has used three kinds of cardboards:
Well, for now I just going to show you the results.

Ghost Ark 1 (prototype)
This was the first Necron Ark made by my brother. Below there are some pictures of the construction process and the finish model before and after painting it. The model evolved a little during the process. Recently the colorof the base has changed because my brother decided to make it more dessert like.












Doomsday Ark
This was the second ark that he made and the one appearing in the tutorial.








Ghost Ark 2
This is the last Ark that he made and it seems that he is not going to make more. This Ghost Ark, looks like the first one but it is much better by far even if you have to look really carefully to see the differences, they are there and they are important.







If someone wants to, he could play to find the 7 differences (I'm not sure how many differences there are) with the pictures below.


Hope you like it and it is always nice to know what people thinks so please leave a comment.

6 comments:

  1. sirloin869@hotmail.comOctober 17, 2013 at 3:08 PM

    do you have or is there a copy available of the blueprints/papercraft/sketch version? best regards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blue prints can be found in the next links:
      http://www.mediafire.com/view/t941bmutt626mmc/blueprints_corrugated_or_thick_cardboard.pdf
      http://www.mediafire.com/view/md9notgdeebpf6w/blueprints_posterboard_or_thin_cardboard.pdf
      http://www.mediafire.com/view/b8kbreuktrzu5e2/blueprints_cereal_box_cardboard.pdf

      I have updated the post with the links a little explanation. If someone wants that I translate the tutorial he just have to said it, anonymous post are allowed.

      Delete
  2. This is so awesome. I love all of the colors also because they create different moods. I wish I knew how to translate because I think a detailed model like this would be very hard with out a how-to. But I will download the files and take a look. I like it to much to not at least see if winging it will work. Thank you so and thank your brother too. Alisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for comment. I'll try to translate it as best as I can (I'm afraid that means that it will be a pretty crappy translation). It will take me some time, if you don't mine waiting a little bit maybe you won't have to wing it.

      Delete
  3. I have updated again this post with a Link to the post where the Translated version of the tutorial can be found:
    http://sirskofisworkshop.blogspot.com.es/2013/10/how-to-make-necron-doomsday-ark.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the hallmarks of a master craftsman. Well done! That you have managed to capture such a complicated model kit in paper is nothing short of incredible.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...