Friday, September 20, 2013

Razor wire

Dessert Terrain Week

Today I bring you a quite easy thing to make with acceptable results: Razor Wire

I took the idea from this tutorial: Tutorial
The tutorial is in Spanish but probably there is another one in English, I haven't really search for it.

The way to do it is quite simple, it consists in rolling a wire in a pen and afterwards rolling a less thick  wire around the first one. In a more complex version you can bend the initial wire at the middle with the second wire already roll around it and round the two of them in a pen.

I used cardboard for the bases and paint all of it with and airbrush, but I think I spend way too much time painting the razor wire, I think I would have spent less painting the wire with a brush.




I had tried to make razor wire before using the wire that come with the notepads and some sawdust in the base of my Valkyrie. The main problem of this way is that the sawdust could come off.

Hope you find it useful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...